3D Graphic Artist
Are you a gamer? Do you draw everything you see around? Can you stand behind the game assets you create, even on the second day? Are you fun to be around? Are you a team player with a healthy sense of responsibility? And most importantly, do you like delicious food and beer?
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, you are exactly who we're looking for! We're About Fun, a Prague-based game developer. Together with EA and Chillingo we are the name behind WarFriends; a competitive, real-time online shooter that’s been taking its share of the gaming community across mobile platforms and has just received Czech Game of the Year 2017 Award in the "Best Czech Game for Mobile Devices" category! And we're looking for fighters to join our ranks.
What will be your job?
- Create 3D visual assets for our games, including characters and environments
- Ensure all the work produced is efficiently constructed for use in game engine.
- Collaborating closely with programming team to ensure the best possible balance of visual excitement and real-time performance
Nothing comes for free, so here's what we've got to offer you:
- Work on awesome, world-class gaming projects
- The opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- A competitive salary, flexible working hours and the possibility to work as a full-time employee or contractor
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Free dinner and beers twice a month at a company gaming night
- Your own spot in a young, international and creative team, side-by-side with new talents as well as game development veterans
- All the required help with relocation to the Golden City of Prague. Come and enjoy the vibrant nightlife, superb parks, and world famous architecture of one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Work in a pleasant environment of our modern offices located in a high-spirited game hub of Prague - Karlín, a few steps away from the city centre and river.
Finally, what we'd like you to bring us?
- Good knowledge of 3D Studio MAX (knowledge of CAT system and Motion Builder is an advantage)
- Knowledge of game assets creation (characters, environments, objects, effects, UI)
- Knowledge of High-poly and Low-poly modelling (Zbrush and Blender are advantage)
- Knowledge of 3D texturing of game assets and ability to create textures for use with different shaders applied under different lighting conditions
- Experience with Unity 3D Engine is an advantage
- Artistic talent and ability to use hand drawing
- High sense of detail, design and the highest demand on the quality of the final product
- Organizational skills and ability to plan and think ahead
- Experience with rigging, skinning and animation is a big advantage
- And finally: an active knowledge of English language is a must. We're not all Czechs here, and the office lingua franca is English.
If creating game assets, gaming nights and doing awesome things in a team of amazing people sound like the next step in your career, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We're looking forward to meeting you!