Game Designer (Level Designer)
Do you know your way around Unity? Are you fun to be around? When you play a game, do you think about how you would make it more fun and balance it better? Did you ever make a map for a game or a mod? Are you a team player with a healthy sense of responsibility? And most importantly, do you like delicious food and beer?
If your answer is “yes” to most of the above, you are exactly who we're looking for! We're About Fun, a Prague-based game developer. Together with EA and Chillingo we are the name behind WarFriends; a competitive, real-time online shooter that’s been taking its share of the gaming community across mobile platforms and has received Czech Game of the Year 2017 Award in the "Best Czech Game for Mobile Devices" category! And we're looking for fighters to join our ranks.
What will be your job?
- Design and create environments, maps and missions for our games
- Design gameplay mechanics
- Balance existing game content, gameplay and features and propose (with a team of other designers and analysts) monetization designs that best fit our target group and business model
- Propose and design new features and gameplay elements
- Design and with the help of developers create tools to help you and other designers create levels and maps more efficiently
- Prototype new designs, environments and levels in Unity3D
Nothing comes for free, so here's what we've got to offer you:
- Work on awesome, world-class gaming projects
- The opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- A competitive salary, flexible working hours and the possibility to work as a full-time employee or contractor
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Free dinner and beers twice a month at a company gaming night
- Your own spot in a young, international and creative team, side-by-side with new talents as well as game development veterans
- All the required help with relocation to the Golden City of Prague. Come and enjoy the vibrant nightlife, superb parks, and world famous architecture of one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Work in a pleasant environment of our modern offices located in a high-spirited game hub of Prague - Karlín, a few steps away from the city centre and river.
Finally, what we'd like you to bring us?
- Knowledge and experience in prototyping and creating levels with Unity3D
- Experience with designing missions or modding content for games
- Ability to creatively react to feedback (both from players and other team members)
- Passion for games
- Ability to present ideas and features to the team in a clear and understandable way (and in English)
- Experience with creating levels and design content for mobile shooters and multiplayer games in particular is a plus
If efficient game design, gaming nights and doing awesome things in a team of amazing people sound like the next step in your career, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We're looking forward to meeting you!