Senior Backend Developer
Are you a gamer? Is your “head in cloud” all the time? Are you fun to be around? Can you stand behind every line of code you write, even on the second day? Are you a team player with a healthy sense of responsibility? And most importantly, do you like delicious food and beer?
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, you are exactly who we're looking for! We're About Fun, a Prague-based game developer. Together with EA and Chillingo we are the name behind WarFriends; a competitive, real-time online shooter that’s been taking its share of the gaming community across mobile platforms and has just received Czech Game of the Year 2017 Award in the "Best Czech Game for Mobile Devices" category! And we're looking for fighters to join our ranks.
What will be your job?
- Maintain, improve and optimize performance of our backend, which is based in AWS
- Implement new server side game features
- Work with a backend team to design the architecture of the backend systems of the game
- Perform design and perform load test of both the overall the infrastructure and singular features
- Keep yourself up-to-date on new trends and practices in high performance systems and noSQL databases
Nothing comes for free, so here's what we've got to offer you:
- Work on awesome, world-class gaming projects
- The opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- A competitive salary, flexible working hours and the possibility to work as a full-time employee or contractor
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Free dinner and beers twice a month at a company gaming night
- Your own spot in a young, international and creative team, side-by-side with new talents as well as game development veterans
- All the required help with relocation to the Golden City of Prague. Come and enjoy the vibrant nightlife, superb parks, and world famous architecture of one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Work in a pleasant environment of our modern offices located in a high-spirited game hub of Prague - Karlín, a few steps away from the city centre and river.
Finally, what we'd like you to bring us?
- Experience with developing scalable services or games
- Knowledge of cloud based systems and services (experience with Amazon AWS preferred)
- Comfortable with multiple database technologies such Redis, NoSQL, MySQL
- Good experience with server side Java (Spring, Thymeleaf, Gradle/Maven)
- Experience with version control systems
- Willingness and eagerness to learn new things and to expand your knowledge
- And finally: an active knowledge of English language is a must. We're not all Czechs here, and the office lingua franca is English.
If backend design, gaming nights and doing awesome things in a team of amazing people sound like the next step in your career, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We're looking forward to meeting you!