3D Animator (F/M/NB)
Are you a gamer? Do you love making static pictures move? Are you fun to be around? Can you stand behind every piece of animation you create, even on the second day? Are you a team player with a healthy sense of responsibility? And most importantly, do you like delicious food and beer?
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, you are exactly who we're looking for! We're About Fun, a Prague-based game developer. Together with EA and Chillingo we are the name behind WarFriends; a competitive, real-time online shooter that’s been taking its share of the gaming community across mobile platforms and has just received Czech Game of the Year 2017 Award in the "Best Czech Game for Mobile Devices" category! And we're looking for fighters to join our ranks.
What will be your job?
- Create high quality animations for characters, vehicles, weapons and various other game object
- Continually test, problem solve and polish your animations
- Work closely with Designers, Artists and Programmers to ensure the quality and integration of animations
Nothing comes for free, so here's what we've got to offer you:
- Work on awesome, world-class gaming projects
- The opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- A competitive salary, flexible working hours and the possibility to work as a full-time employee or contractor
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Free dinner and beers twice a month at a company gaming night
- Your own spot in a young, international and creative team, side-by-side with new talents as well as game development veterans
- All the required help with relocation to the Golden City of Prague. Come and enjoy the vibrant nightlife, superb parks, and world famous architecture of one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Work in a pleasant environment of our modern offices located in a high-spirited game hub of Prague - Karlín, a few steps away from the city centre and river.
Finally, what we'd like you to bring us?
- Good knowledge of 3D Studio MAX including CAT system (knowledge of Motion Builder is an advantage for you)
- Good knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop pr other similar software (knowledge of Maya or Spine is an advantage for you)
- Knowledge of rigging (CAT) and skinning
- Experience with 3D animation for games
- Experience with Unity 3D engine is an advantage
- Experience with modelling and texturing is an advantage
- Artistic talent and ability to breath life into stylized characters
- High sense of detail, design and the highest demand on the quality of the final product
- Organizational skills and ability to plan and think ahead
- And finally: an active knowledge of English language is a must. We're not all Czechs here, and the office lingua franca is English.
If animating, gaming nights and doing awesome things in a team of amazing people sound like the next step in your career, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We're looking forward to meeting you!
In About Fun we embrace and welcome diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.