Working student - Programmers
Are you a gamer? Is Unity 3D your second language? Are you fun to be around? Can you stand behind every line of code you write, even on the second day? Are you a team player with a healthy sense of responsibility? And most importantly, do you like delicious food and beer?
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, you are exactly who we're looking for! We're About Fun, a Prague-based game developer. Together with EA and Chillingo we are the name behind WarFriends; a competitive, real-time online shooter that’s been taking its share of the gaming community across mobile platforms and has just received Czech Game of the Year 2017 Award in the "Best Czech Game for Mobile Devices" category!
And we're looking for working students interested in supporting our team, eager to acquire professional working experience or seeking cross-entry into the games industry and
Who have (at least some of) the following:
- Knowledge of Unity 3D and C# or Java
- Strong maths, logic, systems, optimization, debugging and/or analytical skills
- Understanding of 2D/3D graphics and math involved in computer graphics
- Knowledge of algorithms and techniques used in games
- Experience with server side Java (Spring, Thymeleaf, Gradle/Maven)
- Experience with version control systems
- Willingness and eagerness to learn new things and to expand your knowledge
- And finally: an active knowledge of English language is a must. We're not all Czechs here, and the office lingua franca is English.
Based on your preferences and skills you can become the part of our Front-end or Back-end team
Nothing comes for free, so here's what we've got to offer you:
- Work on awesome, world-class gaming projects
- The opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- A competitive salary, flexible working hours and the possibility to work as a full-time employee or contractor
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Free dinner and beers twice a month at a company gaming night
- Your own spot in a young, international and creative team, side-by-side with new talents as well as game development veterans
- Work in a pleasant environment of our modern offices located in a high-spirited game hub of Prague - Karlín, a few steps away from the city centre and river.
If developing games, gaming nights and doing awesome things in a team of amazing people sound like the next step in your career, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We're looking forward to meeting you!